Monday, January 5, 2009

10 reasons to loose the weight

Lex over at Sweet Tooth tagged me for this little survey. It really got me thinking. What are my ten reasons for boarding the crazy train of weight loss. Mentally I've never been a "fat" person (part of the reason I'm 34 and only now making my first serious attempt to get the weight off). By that I mean I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin and I've not felt that I've been held back by my weight.

Here are the details of this survey/tag:
Rules:
List the 10 reasons why you are losing weight
Tag 5 other bloggers
Be sure to post these rules on your post
Be sure to link the blog that tagged you



  1. To improve my overall health. I have a strong family history of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. I personally have never had any of these issues (but they are out there waiting for me I know!). I do have Crohn's Disease however and I owe it to my body to feed it good things.
  2. For more energy. I'm tired of being tired. ALL -THE- TIME. I want to have more stamina for all the different things in my life.
  3. I have a secret desire to be a runner. I am so envious of people who are able to run any kind of distance. I want to feel like I did when I was 5 and I could run forever.
  4. It's petty and small of me I know (no pun intended), but I want to shop in a regular store for clothes. I don't want to see a cute top or dress and have to think "Gee, I wonder if they have that in Plus sizes???" And frankly there is so much more variety in "regular" clothes. I hate having my choices limited.
  5. I want to set a positive example for both my children. Neither of them have a weight issue at this point in their lives (they are 9 and 6) and I would like to keep it that way. They both eat a variety of foods and enjoy the healthy ones as much as the junk.
  6. I want to provide my DH a swift kick in the ass. He has had an amazing year careerwise, but in the stress and rush of that, he has let his health slide a bit (okay, quite a bit). It isn't enough that Mommy is a good example, Daddy needs to be one too. (this one may have worked as he has joined in with BLBE #2)
  7. To be a better version of myself. I've not been really truly happy for a long time it feels like. I don't know if loosing the weight is the answer to this problem, but I figure it certainly can't hurt. The time spent focussing on myself may help me have some insights.
  8. I'm vain enough to admit that I would like to look better. I will never be a skinny-minny. Even at my smallest weight (115 lbs) I still had breasts and hips. But I would really like to look better than I do now.
  9. I want to follow through with something. I'm a great one for making plans and never sticking to it. I want to feel that sense of accomplishment that comes from setting a goal and achieving it.
  10. It sounds silly, but I don't want to have to worry if I fit somewhere, in a seat, on a ride at the fair, through that space.

It took me forever to finish this post. I'm at about 14 hours now. This was hard. Thanks Lex for making me think.

I tag:

tash

Baby Sis

Heidi

Becky

Karen

Good luck girls. I hope you don't find it as difficult as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!