Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mind games

Went to Carvers today (local coffee house) and I had my new favorite thing...a sugar free English Toffee steamer. Unfortunately, she doesn't serve "skinny" steamers so it is made with 2% milk. But it is really yummy.

My friend Ruby was hungry for lunch and was so concerned about the fact that she was going to have the nachos and maybe tempt me. I am proud to say I was tempted at all. When she was all done her 3 layer dip (full of creamy, cheesy yumness) I had one single tortilla chip, but it was dry and stuck in my throat, so it wasn't even worth it.

I tried eating my supper tonight on the smaller sized plate and I have to admit that it really did feel like I had way more food than I did. It also prevented me from taking too much of the potatoes. Trying to convince my kids on the other hand was a bit of a challenge. They just see the smaller plate and not all the yummy food on it. They were also begging (quite literally in the 6 year old's case) for dessert before they had even swallowed the last bite. I'm trying to make them wait at least a half an hour after supper in order to see if they really are still hungry or do they just think they need something else. We'll see how that goes.

I was numero uno on the BLBE weigh in this week. We'll see if it holds. It was such a dramatic loss last week that I think I will be quite content with at STS. The scale this morning was showing a gain of 2 lbs. I'm not sure what to think of it. It drives me crazy. Maybe I should just stay off the damn thing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!