Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lessons learned

Sunday's shindig at the parents place did not go well, food wise. It was a great party with lots of friends and LOTS of food. And I ate. I didn't go hog wild, but I'm quite certain I wiped out the rest of my Flex for the week.

I did cook my own meal and bring it with me but ended up eating the take out anyway. I had very small portions of meat and a lot of veggies. A friend of the family who has had a kidney transplant ended up eating my home made stirfry because there was no added salt in it, and would therefore be safe for her to eat. I certainly didn't mind giving it up for her.

I gave myself permission to indulge a bit and I'm glad I did. I was able to prove to myself that I can't do that anymore. My stomach was in knots all Sunday night and most of Monday. I hardly ate anything yesterday because I was still in pain. It's nice to know that my body will give me a swift kick in the ass when necessary.

I have the next 2 days to behave myself and then Christmas. Hopefully I will remember the lessons learned from Sunday. We can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!