Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Little Engine that Could - that's me!!!

Christmas Vacation has begun. I have been extremely lazy so far today. I've done absolutely nothing. And it feels pretty good.

My plan for the next two weeks is to simply stay in control. I am such a control freak in so many areas, and yet I seem to have zero control when it comes to nibblies.

As I mentioned before my parents are having a shindig tomorrow. Mom just called to go over the menu and OMG I'll never make it. She plans on having bacon wrapped scallops (one of my all time favorites), mini quiches and crab dip. Not to mention that all of their buddies will bring stuff, even though she told them not too. She has one friend who is the best baker of all time. That woman's pies can bring you to tears. I think I'm going to park my butt at a card table and keep my hands busy playing cards all day. That way I can't use them to stuff my face. God help me. please

If I can make through tomorrow then the only other trouble day is the big one. We are not doing anything for New Year's (again) and we have no other parties to go to. I don't think. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to be the little engine that could "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!