Saturday, November 29, 2008

I love my kids ;)

So yesterday I was presenting at a Fine Arts Day at one of the local middle schools. It was a lot of fun and I'm kind of interested to know what the kids thought of it. It was 2 sessions of about 1hour, 10 kids in the first one and 13 in the second, grades 5-7. The only issue I had was that they didn't assign a teacher to my room, because I'm already a teacher. Well yes that is true but I didn't know any of these kids (except one who was a cousin). It would have been nice to have the extra set of hands.

Natalie McMaster was the keynote speaker in the morning. Wow, what an awesome lady. She played a little fiddle and talked to the kids about how important the arts and culture are in her life. Some really interesting stories.

Snack and lunch were provided for all the presenters and believe me there were a ton of temptations. For snack I had an orange wedge and a small piece of cheese with a bottle of water. For lunch they had pizza from Cafe Italia. I chose the thin crust Chicken and Basil. Was very good and I only had one slice. Little bit of caesar salad and all was good.

Then it hit me. The nasty little stomach virus that had both kiddos down earlier this week. OMG, nasty doesn't even begin to describe it. I was miserable. DS ate cherrioes out of the box for his supper and DD made them tuna and crackers. I lay on the couch moaning. My DD was amazing, she called her grandparents to drive her to her piano lesson, got her brother ready for bed and read him a story and everything and then put herself to bed. What a great girl. It is so nice to know I can count on her on those rare occasions when Mommy is down for the count.

I'm feeling a bit better this morning, so hopefully it is a short lived little virus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!