Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What the hell have I done???? (aka OMG!!!!!!!)

I did it. I really did it. I walked into my principal's office today and let her know that I intended to resign my position. I was that scared, nervous, on the point of tears. She was amazing, absolutely amazing. She offered me a letter of reference, completely supported me in doing what was best for me and my family. She has been trying to get HR all day in order to let me know whom to write the letter to and how much notice to give. I was completely floored. I don't know what I expected, but what I received today was sooooo far beyond any expectations I might have had.

I feel as though I've taken a huge leap off a cliff. I just hope it's a soft landing at the bottom. The new job is great and now I can focus on it 100%

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's good that it went well. When I quit my job, NO ONE said a word to me about it for, like, 3 days. There was a weekend in there, too (on top of the 3 days).

    I was SOOO glad to leave that place! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new layout!!

    Good for you for doing what you want in life. Sometimes it's hard to change what we are used to but we know deep down that we need to do what's right for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!