Saturday, February 28, 2009

So far so good

I'm maintaining my whooping loss this week fairly well. I'm still not really able to exercise. My energy levels are still in the tank and my chest is still pretty tight. I changed my activity level on myfitnesspal to sedentary because there ain't nothin lightly active about this girl right now.

I've been invited to go to Halifax for a week with my new job, for some hands-on training. I'm a little concerned as it will be A LOT of eating out etc. I'm hoping the hotel they put us up at will have some sort of gym facility at it. Maybe I could get to use some different machines.

Talking to DH yesterday about my current weight, I realized I haven't been in the 220's since before having my daughter. I think I was 220 on the nose when I got pregnant with her. She'll be 10 this summer. It is frightening to think of how long I kept my head in the sand as far as my weight goes. I shudder to think of all the damage I've done to my body by thinking "I may be big but I'm still healthy (ie. my cholesterol is ok)"

No more of that! I am still obese according to my BMI and will be for some time yet. I am absolutely determined to get down below 200 by May 31 this year. To be in the overweight category I need to be 175. That's 50 lbs away. I think if I could reach that by the end of 2009 I would be happy. It has taken me 15 months to lose this 45 lbs, without really putting in any kind of effort for half that time. If I really, really work hard at it, I know I can do it.

What do you think? Am I being realistic, based on my past performance? Are these good goals to set?

1 comment:

  1. That's just over 1 pound a week, which is SO doable!! And it's a healthy loss, too. No, it's not pie in the sky. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!