Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I think it may be time...

...for me to really join Weight Watchers.

I'm back to "guess-timating" how many points I'm eating. My exercise has been indifferent at best, although with the new challenge I've given myself I am definately beginning to "feel" it again.

Weigh in is tomorrow and I'll be lucky if it is a STS. I'm thinking more likely a gain of a pound or two.

This blog is a wonderful tool and it really has made me more accountable, but I think I need more than just accountability. I need the support that comes from meetings and knowing than I am really not alone. I looked up the meeting times and prices in my area. Most of the meetings I could reach are in the evening and I hate weighing in in the evening. I'm a first thing in the morning kinda girl. So if I do start I expect to have an instant "gain" of about 5 lbs. The price is pretty expensive too. I know that 300 over six months isn't too bad but our finances are pretty tight right now. That is more than I can afford. Why does this have to be so friggin expensive? I just want to lose the weight. I don't mind paying, but I hate that I am shut out of great opportunities like WW and a gym membership because I can't afford it. I can't spend that kind of money on myself when my kids or my husband might need something. I've been walking around for about 5 months in pants that are huge because I can't spend the money on myself to get a new pair. One pair, let alone the three or four I really need.

My mom has said that she has a gift for me that is really small, but that I'll really love it. Is it bad to hope that it is a six month membership to WW?

Enough of being a sad-sack. Time to go walk.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to post a comment. Weight Watchers is rolling out a new program next week. We now have a monthly pass for 39.95 that allows access to the website as well.

    I am sure there will be some Promos coming up with the new year and the new program.

    Good luck.

    Sparkpeople.com is also really great and FREE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!