Friday, October 3, 2008

Time for a change...

...of job that is. I have been a teacher for 11 years now and I am no further ahead in my career than someone just finishing university. This year I have a 10% contract. That works out to be 1/2 a day a week. WoooHooo!!! I am on the sub list this year but so far have not gotten 1 day. The problem is that I really love teaching. I have no idea what else I would do. I did go to the local career connections and did all the apptitude tests etc. and guess what it said? I'd make an excellent TEACHER!



I think that for now, what I need to do is find a job that will bring in the cash that the family needs while I figure out where I am headed. I would love to get my Masters but that could price me out of a job altogether. I've also thought of opening my own preschool but I'm not sure that I would want that big a commitment, plus the challenge of finding a space, getting licenced and on and on.....

I guess the point is I need to get off my keister and start job hunting and start looking into what it would take to open my own preschool by next September.

3 comments:

  1. how about corporate training?

    good luck !!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always hard when things just haven't worked out the way that you had hoped. Good for you for making the decision to change. Change isn't always easy, but it can bring great things.
    I wish you all the best with this and the rest of your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry teaching isn't working out how you would like. Good luck on the job search!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!