Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here we go!!!

I've been reading the blog Angie All the Way for a couple of months now and I've enjoyed her take on life. I finally decided that perhaps a blog would be the way for me to go as well.

To introduce myself I am 34 years old, mother of two, wife of 11 years and I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I look back now to photos of me as a child and I realize that although I thought I had a weight problem as early as 7 or 8, I really didn't. It wasn't until I was a teenager that my weight started to spiral out of control. At age 16 I was 183lbs. At that point I developed Crohn's disease and dropped to 115lbs in about 7 months. Due to medication, and frankly little self control, I was back up to 165 lbs by the time I was 18. I have been steadily packing on the pounds since then. Today will be my first official weigh in!

Here we go:
WI= 242 lbs

yuck!

That is 30 lbs less than my maximum of last Christmas of 272lbs. I have achieved some success in the last year but I have been hovering around the 240 mark for months. I can't seem to break this plateau. I am determined to break this stalemate my body has created.

I try to continue to remind myself that I need to make healthy choices for my family. My DD is now 9 and I want to set a good, healthy example for her. My DH has been gaining weight lately, which I know is really bothering him. If I take the lead maybe it will help him get on the bandwagon too.

So here is the plan. At this point I am not going to join WW or any other program. I am going to begin by adding more activity to my life and begin eating a proper, balanced diet and stop eating fast food (my achillies heel!).

I know this is not going to be easy but I am determined. I am hoping that by keeping a blog it will keep me accountable.


Here we go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!