Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 2 and still OP!! oh yeah and LIFE SUCKS!!!

Okay, so far so good today! I am on plan and still fired up. I do have to admit that during my workout the whinny little voice in my head was rearing its ugly little head. But I trudged on through and made it all the way to the finish. I really have to do the "self-talk" sort of thing. I need to keep telling myself to just do it and quit bellyaching! That is my biggest fear, I'll give in to that little voice and I'll fail just like I always do. NOT THIS TIME!!!

Breakfast
oatmeal - 2pts
0.5% milk -1pt
maple syrup - 1pt
OJ - 2pts

6/31

Treadmill for 52:40 minutes, walking 3.438km (about a third at an incline) with 300 cal burned. That was really hard. I wanted to give up after about 10 minutes but I pushed through. I want to swim today as well, but I applied for a job whose competition closes at noon. I don't want to miss the phone call and potential interview. What to do, what to do????

Lunch
2slices bread - 4pts
roast beef - 5 pts
1/2 tbsp mayo - 2 pts

17/31

Alright, today has officially turned to the worst kind of crap it can be. I just recieved a phone call telling me that one of the students at the school where I work passed away this morning. I'm still in shock. He had been ill all of his life (a kidney transplant survivor) but I just saw him last week and he was doing fine. I worked closely with him last year but hadn't really had a chance to touch base with him this year. He was only 7 years old. His mom is an E.A. at the school, so I know her quite well too. I can not imagine what she is going through right now. My heart breaks for her, her husband and daughter. I feel guilty being grateful for the two healthy kids I have.

I am going to take the kids out for dinner. I will chose the healthiest option available. I know this is not a good reponse to this but I just don't have the heart to cook a meal right now and get out the door for piano lessons at 5. I am truely pathetic.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats for pushing through and getting it done!
    We'll beat those voices!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!