Sunday, December 14, 2008

Questions

I've been thinking a lot lately about what losing weight would really mean to me. Is it just that I want to get into a smaller size? Do I want the smaller number on the scale? What exactly is my focus?

I know that I want to be healthier. My family has a long history of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and other issues that an increased weight will make worse. But what constitutes healthy? That is what I am struggling with.

It can't be just a smaller number on the scale. I know several "skinny" people who are not what I would call healthy.

So what does it mean exactly? I think for me it is going to have to mean a major mindset shift. I need to begin thinking of food as fuel. I know that that is nothing new, but for me it is. Food has always been my best friend. The one who was always there when I need some comfort. It has seen me through some really trying times. I need to change that feeling of food as a reward for good behavior and a solace for feeling crappy.

I know that I certainly don't have the answers. Just lots and lots of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!