Monday, December 8, 2008

The best laid plans

I got up at 5am this morning in order to get my 5km in before going to school today. I really wanted to walk outside today and maybe even run a little. I really, really wanted to run today. But when I woke up this is what I saw (except of course it was dark and the street wasn't plowed yet).
Hmmmmm...let's think. Ah, NO!
Not gonna happen.
So it was back to my old friend the treadmill. On goes the TV and I merrily walk along, watching the news, silently congratulating myself for getting out of bed and doing this in plenty of time before school. I'll be able to make a healthy nutritious breakfast for everyone and pack great lunches for us all.
I have 60 meters left to go when I hear the pitter patter of little feet. Okay not so little, it was DH. No school today he informs me.
Talk about loosing the wind out of your sails.
But, I have completed another 5km on my way to Halifax. I am almost out of Pictou County. By tomorrow I will be past the school where I teach. Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo! I'm proud of you for getting on that treadmill to workout! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to leave a message, give some advice or just have something to say, please share it with me!!!